water meter project

Working on a home project? Post it here.
xcom

water meter project

Post by xcom » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:38 pm

Hello all,

I been looking for a place where to ask questions regarding water and gas meter monitoring and looks like this place has some people all ready doing it :)

Well to start I bought a Flukso device and for pre preparation of the device arriving I been trying to figure out how I can get the pulse output of my water and gas meter. I seen that some of you have been doing this all ready but the current suggestion will not work with my setup as my water meter is exposed and is constantly under water due to rains.... So I was thinking of using one of the flukso.net probes but I do not know enough about this meters to know if it would work...

My water meter is an Ester AMCO AMR enable C700 with built in register. The probe I am considering on using is https://www.flukso.net/content/water-probe

Can somebody shed some light?
Can I use a different probe/reeder?

:D

Thanks for the help guys!
xcom

Re: water meter project

Post by xcom » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:53 pm

OooO WoW!
I see you guys have your own product as well.... If I knew before I made the purchase of my Flukso device I would of gone this route.... It seems more universal and gears more to the states....
:( :( :(
Would your probes work with a flusko device?

TIA.
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:46 pm

xcom wrote:OooO WoW!
I see you guys have your own product as well.... If I knew before I made the purchase of my Flukso device I would of gone this route.... It seems more universal and gears more to the states....
:( :( :(
Would your probes work with a flusko device?

TIA.
The water meter in our store is just a link to an external site that sells it, just a suggested device to use.

I'll send that link over to Paul and see what he says as I'm not too sure.

Ben
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:33 pm

It can connect directly to the counter 3 or 4 input. Any pulse signal from a read switch works.

Ben
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
xcom

Post by xcom » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:31 pm

Thank you very much Ben.