ECM Binary protocol Example

Working on a home project? Post it here.
jbasen

ECM Binary protocol Example

Post by jbasen » Wed May 30, 2012 11:27 pm

Is it possible to post an example of the ECM-1240 binary protocol with a list of the values for each data element in the message after they would be parsed. What I mean by this is that the list would include what the Voltage is, what the Ch1 Watt Seconds Value is, what the seconds are, etc.

I had to put the effort to develop my own software for the ECM-1240 on hold for a little while but I'm back trying to finish it up. I'd like to have an example of the protocol that I can manually feed into my software. Then I can validate that my software is parsing the message properly by comparing each data element against the list.

Thanks
ben
Site Admin

Re: ECM Binary protocol Example

Post by ben » Thu May 31, 2012 4:43 pm

jbasen wrote:Is it possible to post an example of the ECM-1240 binary protocol with a list of the values for each data element in the message after they would be parsed. What I mean by this is that the list would include what the Voltage is, what the Ch1 Watt Seconds Value is, what the seconds are, etc.

I had to put the effort to develop my own software for the ECM-1240 on hold for a little while but I'm back trying to finish it up. I'd like to have an example of the protocol that I can manually feed into my software. Then I can validate that my software is parsing the message properly by comparing each data element against the list.

Thanks
Solved this through email, but I'll post a possible solution for others:

Easiest way to do this would be hook up a constant load to one of your channels through a breaker that isn't often used (80W lightbulb for example). Since you know the power that load draws, you'll be able to identify if you're correctly calculating the value.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com