absolute and polarized values from ECM-1240 using btmon

Working on a home project? Post it here.
Sroof

absolute and polarized values from ECM-1240 using btmon

Post by Sroof » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:35 pm

I'm setting up an ECM-1240 to monitor my household power consumption and PV production, using btmon to send data to SEG. I've put Ch1 on the main power feeds to my breaker panel. To measure PV production, I've got Ch2 on the power feeds from the PV inverter which feeds into the breaker panel. To properly measure the power flows between the PV inverter, my house, and the grid, it seems that I need both absolute and polarized power readings for Ch1. And for Ch2, I want to use the polarized readings so as to ignore a small power draw by the inverter. How can I instruct btmon to send these data streams to SEG?
--Thanks
ben
Site Admin

Re: absolute and polarized values from ECM-1240 using btmon

Post by ben » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:47 am

Sroof wrote:I'm setting up an ECM-1240 to monitor my household power consumption and PV production, using btmon to send data to SEG. I've put Ch1 on the main power feeds to my breaker panel. To measure PV production, I've got Ch2 on the power feeds from the PV inverter which feeds into the breaker panel. To properly measure the power flows between the PV inverter, my house, and the grid, it seems that I need both absolute and polarized power readings for Ch1. And for Ch2, I want to use the polarized readings so as to ignore a small power draw by the inverter. How can I instruct btmon to send these data streams to SEG?
--Thanks
Looking at: http://lancet.mit.edu/mwall/projects/po ... l#polarity. It looks like btmon.py does the NET calculations by default.

Ben
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com