Can't Get raw data to feed to Dashbox

Working on a home project? Post it here.
rhombixt

Can't Get raw data to feed to Dashbox

Post by rhombixt » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:43 pm

Hello,

I have sucessfully installed my greeneye after patiently working through the manual. I however cannot seem to get the dashbox to read any data. When I check the raw feed, it says "no data". I have set the com2 port to be 115,200 as per the instructions, but I don't see any data comming from the port. Brultech is not responding to emails because of the holidays and this is my holiday project so I need some help please.

What am I missing to make this work? I am using the supplied cable wired corectly for a greeneye with ethernet module.
Teken

Re: Can't Get raw data to feed to Dashbox

Post by Teken » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:54 am

rhombixt wrote:Hello,

I have sucessfully installed my greeneye after patiently working through the manual. I however cannot seem to get the dashbox to read any data. When I check the raw feed, it says "no data". I have set the com2 port to be 115,200 as per the instructions, but I don't see any data comming from the port. Brultech is not responding to emails because of the holidays and this is my holiday project so I need some help please.

What am I missing to make this work? I am using the supplied cable wired corectly for a greeneye with ethernet module.
Please review the FAQ in this thread. At the very bottom there is a list of Questions & Answers to the most common problems.

Go through the list and report back success / failure: http://brultech.com/home/community/view ... 4630#p4630

Please kindly note that the GEM must be set to 19500 on COM 2, the Dash Box (DB) also must be set to 19500 baud on COM 2 as well.
Teken . . .

My ongoing projects thread: http://www.brultech.com/community/viewt ... ?f=2&t=929
Buy me a cup of coffee: https://www.paypal.me/Teken https://gfinotify.com/ Discount Code: PC10
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:46 pm

rhombixt wrote:Hello,

Baud rates have to be set in 2 places, one is in the DashBox Settings section (under System->Baud Rates), the other is on the GEM itself.

Make sure your COM2 packet format is set to Bin-48-NET-Time when using the STS cable, that's the only packet format compatible the DashBox via STS.

Ben
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
depasseg

Post by depasseg » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:35 pm

And also remember to exit the GEM configuration page.

I've been using 115,200. I thought I saw it in a guide. Is that incorrect?
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:03 pm

depasseg wrote:And also remember to exit the GEM configuration page.

I've been using 115,200. I thought I saw it in a guide. Is that incorrect?
We added 115,200 for COM2 on the GEM very recently. Its default is 19200 for Xbee module compatibility.

If you're using COM1, 115200 is suggested. On COM2, you can go either way.

Ben
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
depasseg

Post by depasseg » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:38 pm

Also, one other thing that's held me up was ensuring packet logging was enabled (it gets disabled after clearing data from the database). I had to re-enable packet logging in the Settings->System->Update Admin->Logging Settings.