ECM > GEM & Dashbox Excellent

mattm55

ECM > GEM & Dashbox Excellent

Post by mattm55 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:48 am

I recently had to use the forum to correct an old 5v DC power supply issue which resulted in my GEM configuration getting confused. With Ben's help and guidance all is well again. Now it's my turn to add my appreciation.

I've been a Brultech customer from the early ECM days and converted to a GEM to just get more features and do the upgrade. I then grabbed a Dashbox to capture my data w/o much effort. Sure, as a programmer, I could have taken the GEM's data and parsed it to my db, system, etc but I have way too many other projects that the Dashbox was a cheap and easy solution.

I can recommend Brultech to those wanting to know more about their energy usage. It is an eye opener and should result in educating and possibly reducing your energy costs. Especially in these times, we need all the help we can get. It made me realize the savings by just unplugging unused wall warts and using more LED bulbs.

I also commend Brultech (Ben) for keeping the systems setup so we, the owners of the units, keep our own data local. I steer away from any devices that make the owner get their data from a cloud service (yearly subscription fees, etc...). Too many of those go out of business and your unit is just junk after that. Thanks Ben!

I've also told Ben to keep me informed on what new things he's working on. I want to make sure I fully support the next great thing in Energy Monitoring from Brultech. I'm game even to help beta test (at my cost) just to make sure Brultech continues to be a success. I don't know if this is Ben and groups full time effort or just a hobby but for me, has been well worth the cost of ECM's, GEM and Dashbox over the years.

Thanks,
Matt M