Problems Setting up email alerts SMTP

nbarnard

Problems Setting up email alerts SMTP

Post by nbarnard » Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:58 am

I haven't been able to configure my email alerts to connect to my email server. I have rogers (yahoo), as well as gmail. I have used app passwords and everything seems to be correct for host and port but keep getting errors (Unable to send email using PHP SMTP. Your server might not be configured to send mail using this method.)

Any tricks to getting emails to work?

Also this is one of the email errors from yahoo: "220 smtp.mail.yahoo.com ESMTP ready"
Also this is one of the email errors from gmail: F

thanks,
Nathan
ben
Site Admin

Re: Problems Setting up email alerts SMTP

Post by ben » Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:32 pm

nbarnard wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:58 am
I haven't been able to configure my email alerts to connect to my email server. I have rogers (yahoo), as well as gmail. I have used app passwords and everything seems to be correct for host and port but keep getting errors (Unable to send email using PHP SMTP. Your server might not be configured to send mail using this method.)

Any tricks to getting emails to work?

Also this is one of the email errors from yahoo: "220 smtp.mail.yahoo.com ESMTP ready"
Also this is one of the email errors from gmail: F

thanks,
Nathan
GMail is becoming more and more restrictive on their accounts so I wouldn't use them. I can't currently sign up for a Yahoo email since they require a phone number now.

Just tried out the Outlook with one of my old Hotmail addresses and the Test Email came thru without issues.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
nbarnard

Post by nbarnard » Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:26 pm

Thanks Ben! I created a hotmail account and it works fine! Much appreciated!
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:28 am

nbarnard wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:26 pm
Thanks Ben! I created a hotmail account and it works fine! Much appreciated!
If you want instant alerts, give pushover a go (https://pushover.net/). There's a 30-day trial. IMO, it's worth the $5. I've had emails delayed an hour or so in the past.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com