Fiber optic internet with mesh system, router app

crosswinds

Fiber optic internet with mesh system, router app

Post by crosswinds » Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:30 pm

I've had my GEM w/Dashbox in for 16 years and running flawlessly. Recently upgraded to fiber optic internet with a mesh system (Amazon eero system). eero uses an app to see the 'router' and what devices are attached (wired and wireless). My Dashbox is wired ethernet, no wireless option. Had been just logging directly into my old router to pull up the GEM, but now it's a no go. I cannot see or identify the Dashbox. The Netgear switchbox it's plugged into shows activity (blinking light on switchbox LED), desktop is plugged into same switchbox and is working. I've reset the Dashbox. Still no go. Internet company took my old router so can't use that to plug directly into computer and Dashbox. Internet company originally put in a Calix Gigaspire u4 router but my GEM was not registering with that either. Replaced the Calix router with the eero mesh system. I've read on the forum (old post) of using a USB wireless WiFi transmitter plugged into the Dashbox USB port.

Any recommendations on the USB WiFi? Or has anybody else experienced similar issues?
ben
Site Admin

Re: Fiber optic internet with mesh system, router app

Post by ben » Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:56 am

When you reset, you used the Orange LED sequence to set it back to DHCP?

Pull power from the DashBox, wait for it to fully shutdown. Make sure the Ethernet is connected first and plug it back in.

If you want to try WiFi, order from Amazon or somewhere else you can return if it doesn't work (chipsets can be tricky). AR9271 chipsets should work:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=ar9271&crid= ... fix=ar9271
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
crosswinds

Post by crosswinds » Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:04 am

Ben,

That worked. My problem was apparently I'm colorblind and the orange LED appeared red to me, so I never saw orange. Had to get another set off eyes to reset it for me.

I am having another issue with the calendar. It displays total consumption for the day but when I click on the calendar day to show each channel history, it doesn't load, just keeps saying 'Loading'. Any suggestions? I have been searching the forum for an answer but nothing yet.
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:40 am

crosswinds wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:04 am
Ben,

That worked. My problem was apparently I'm colorblind and the orange LED appeared red to me, so I never saw orange. Had to get another set off eyes to reset it for me.

I am having another issue with the calendar. It displays total consumption for the day but when I click on the calendar day to show each channel history, it doesn't load, just keeps saying 'Loading'. Any suggestions? I have been searching the forum for an answer but nothing yet.
What version is the DashBox at? (in the footer).
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
crosswinds

Post by crosswinds » Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:03 am

Dashbox version 4.2.3c7c Updater version April, 2016
crosswinds

Post by crosswinds » Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:24 am

just updated to 4.2.4c17c Updater version 4.2.4b

Still same result as before, shows calendar and total energy for that day but when I click on the day report it just sits there saying 'loading'. Can not view history by daily channel usage.
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:42 am

crosswinds wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:24 am
just updated to 4.2.4c17c Updater version 4.2.4b

Still same result as before, shows calendar and total energy for that day but when I click on the day report it just sits there saying 'loading'. Can not view history by daily channel usage.
What browser are you using? Try running Incognito Mode so it'll load fresh copies of the Javascript used. Could be a caching issue.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.